Thursday, April 23, 2009

No Worries

So one thing I was worried about was how my dog, Echoo, would do sharing the yard with the bees. One of her favorite places to sun herself is next to the hives. I wondered if she would keep using that spot to lay in the sun, or would she "bee" afraid of the bees and stay away.

Well, the other day I let her outside. It was a sunny morning and it's nice for her to be out when it is. After awhile, I stuck my head out the door to see what she was up to. And was I surprised -- she was laying in the sun, in her spot, next to the bees. The bees were pretty active, flying in and out, up and down, around the hives. She did not look at all concerned. Here is a picture of her. See what you think.



As you can see, she has no worries. Notice her bandana matches my beehive! It will be interesting to see how she feels about the bees once they really get going and there are more of them flying around, some in her space.